Social Media Ninjas – Unite!

Written on January 4, 2008 – 5:41 am | by Brian Wallace |

Social Media Ninja

Wow, everyone! Thanks so much for your great entries to the Social Media Ninja Contest!

Although we said last time that we would only be advancing the top 10 to the next round, we felt that all 13 that participated should move on.

Edit:  Here are the contest rules:

1 – Please only vote for one candidate.
2 – Votes must be received by Tuesday, January 8th, 2008 at midnight GMT.
3 – Candidates cannot vote for themselves.
4 – The decision of the Collective Thoughts team is final.

So here they are, folks. Which of the following should go on to become a Social Media Ninja?

TheGypsy
TheGypsy (aka Dave)

Best Known at: Sphinn

Bart the Bear
BartTheBear (aka Leonard)

Best Known at: Mixx

Bookworm SEO
BookwormSEO (aka Gab)
Best Known at: SEOMoz

WingnutSEO
WingnutSEO (aka Dave)
Best Known at: Sphinn

Distilled
Tom Critchlow (ya got a nickname, dude?)

Floppy

Best Known at: StumbleUpon

SEOSmartySEOSmarty (aka Ann)
Best Known at: StumbleUpon

Frozen2lateFrozen2late (aka Stephanie)
Best Known at: Mixx

Zaibatsu Zaibatsu
Best Known at: Digg (what are you, under a rock?)
Ninja Entry

Spostareduro Spostareduro (aka Kimberly)
Best Known at: StumbleUpon
Ninja Entry

1. 88 Responses to “Social Media Ninjas – Unite!”

2. By Kumaran on Jan 4, 2008 | Reply

BartTheBear gets my vote….

3. By Tim on Jan 4, 2008 | Reply

My vote goes to Britopian!

4. By Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) on Jan 4, 2008 | Reply

Definitely SocialMediaMom. She is a star!

5. By Rufus on Jan 4, 2008 | Reply

Britopian Rocks! – My vote is for Mikey.

6. By Amy on Jan 5, 2008 | Reply

Bart the Bear for the win!

7. By Kelley on Jan 5, 2008 | Reply

my vote goes to the fabulous shoe wearing Kristen.

Smootches you ninja babe.

8. By internetgenius on Jan 5, 2008 | Reply

My vote goes for SocialMediaMom … =)

9. By Kathy Helbig on Jan 5, 2008 | Reply

My vote is for Bart the Bear. He’s the Social Media Man! Go Bart!

10. By Tom Lindstrom on Jan 5, 2008 | Reply

My vote goes to BartTheBear

11. By Matt Ellsworth on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

these all seem like great people – but my vote goes for Bart.

12. By Charlie Anzman on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

Well, i think it’s pretty obvious that some of the biggest volunteers have been left off this list. I guess that’s always the case or maybe because some are ‘affiliated authors’. So, unofficial, unsolicited votes to Tamar Weinberg and Shana Albert, and yes, Mark Laymon.

13. By Charlie Anzman on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

PS: I think it said vote for one but that’s impossible and this is really a tough one!
    1) Floppy
    2) Smarty
    3) The Gypsy

14. By Brian Wallace on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

Great voting so far everyone! We really appreciate everyone’s thoughts and great interest!

@Charlie Anzman: yes, Shana and Mark are part of the Collective Thoughts team, so I guess you could say that they are already ninjas 🙂

As for Tamar, she didn’t apply in the original contest post.

15. By Gab "SEO ROI" Goldenberg on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

Ha, I forgot I entered this contest! Some ninja…

Ann, thanks for the vote – though it looks like you’ve got a much bigger circle of friends than I do, hehe! You’re certainly building our friendship with a vote like that, :D. BTW, I have to admit that I stole the tactic from a UK friend on a hiphop forum board who encouraged me to keep writing even when my stuff was just OK (not implying that yours or other’s has been just decent, but just pointing out that a compliment and encouragement go a long way). And in the end, I ended up writing some decent pieces, including one that got published in my college’s creative arts/poetry compilation mag.

I’m going to vote for Dave and Kristen. Dave cuz he gets the attention that counts from the leaders in internet marketing with his Sphinning, and Kristen for getting me to her SU profile and having me convert on her site (commented). If I have to choose, I’d give it to Dave.

My problem is that my Sphinn submissions don’t go hot often enough, and I can’t figure out why. And when I do write something decent, Maki (that ruddy blighter! lol) gets the credit for sphinning it! (Paradoxically, it would likely go nowhere if I sphunn it…)

16. By Gab "SEO ROI" Goldenberg on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

Oh, and at Melanie: I think you’re right that Ann does a better job with the value-added comments. Only so much time in a day!

17. By Gab "SEO ROI" Goldenberg on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

and @ Brian: I didn’t know you’re NowSourcing! Keep seeing your stuff going hot lol, n I was like who IS this guy?? gottttttta stalk him 😀

also … I’m thinking that Andrew’s submission might make him the zen-guru-crazy-ass-ninja-master (quick, write an ebook!) considering this:http://collective-thoughts.com/2007/12/05/do-you-have-what-it-takes-to-be-a-social-media-ninja/#comment-272

18. By Summer on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

I’m voting for SocialMediaMom!

19. By ReddyK - Atma Jyoti Blog on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

Give my vote to Bart the Bear, who has helped tremendously with good advice regarding StumbleUpon!

Since following his advice, subscriptions to our Blog, The Atma Jyoti Blog, have doubled.

20. By Rick from Milwaukee on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

My vote is for the SocialMediaMom. A Momma that wears red pumps – come on!

21. By petrero skinano on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

My vote to seomamma, Kristen

22. By Manish Pandey on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

Hmm…only one vote! This is unfair…ahem!!

There are so many good people on that list, for whom I would like to vote…Dave, Gab, Ann, Kirsten, Kimberly..and of course Zaibatsu!

Never mind, voting for my new friend…Kimberly! Way to go gal…:)

23. By Lawrence Cheok | A Long Long Road on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

Hi,

my vote to Ann Smarty and Spostareduro (aka Kimberly).

24. By Russell Rockefeller on Jan 6, 2008 | Reply

My vote is for Ann (SEOSmarty)

25. By Chris Estes on Jan 7, 2008 | Reply

I cast my vote for: Spostareduro (aka Kimberly)

A rising blog Star.

26. By kailani on Jan 7, 2008 | Reply

I vote for Social Media Mom!

27. By Ivy on Jan 7, 2008 | Reply

My vote is for Social Media Mom! Hawt mama!

28. By Linda Bustos on Jan 7, 2008 | Reply

Wouldn’t it be easier to add a poll? LOL.

29. By Julie Joyce on Jan 7, 2008 | Reply

Stephanie Weingart gets my vote…absolutely.

30. By Vincent Murphy on Jan 8, 2008 | Reply

My vote goes to Bart the Bear

31. By Carla @ WordPlayBlog on Jan 8, 2008 | Reply

I vote for Kristen of SocialMediaMom. She was kind enough to write a great Stumble review of one of the posts from my humble start-up blog. What a good mom. 🙂

32. By Gab "SEO ROI" Goldenberg on Jan 8, 2008 | Reply

I think I know about some new ninjas to socialize with now, hehe 🙂

33. By Local SEO Guide on Jan 11, 2008 | Reply

Working is indeed a bitch – I just saw this for the first time today. If only I could figure out some way to travel back in time so i could spam…I mean get my…I mean my parents’ vote in.

Congrats to Bart & SEOSmarty:)

34. By Jam L on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

I think this is a very useful post and it gives these great social media ninja’s recognition for their work.

35. By Adam Beaumont on Jul 20, 2011 | Reply

My vote is definitely for Ann (SEOSmarty) – MyBlogGuest is fantastic

2. Jan 5, 2008: Social Media Ninja Contest at Collective Thoughts
  3. Jan 11, 2008: Social Media Marketing, Interview, Social Networking » SEO Chicks
  4. May 2, 2008: Guest Post by Social Media Dad, David Harry, from the HuoMah Blog — Social Media Mom
  5. Mar 11, 2009: What makes an expert? | Insert Copy Here